I was very pleased to wake up and find that I had been given the Versatile Blogger Award from Taming the Goblin! I love her blog and the fun activities that she prepares for her son. I am currently planning to make a house with a chimney for Monkey Girl to put Santa and toys down because of one of her nifty toddler ideas. Go check it out and find some great ideas for yourself!
The Versatile blogger award goes to blogs that are newly discovered and offer some fun or inspiring ideas.
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
- Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they’ve received an award!
First I’ll tell you 7 things about me:
1. I’m a foster, adoptive, and biological mom to a great bunch of kiddos. We’re even adding one more today!
2. I have a terrible sweet tooth that I really need to keep in check or it easily gets carried away on me.
3. I don’t watch a lot of TV but get really into the shows that I do watch. Currently Supernatural, Burn Notice and Leverage.
4. Hubbers and I are planning and hoping to go to Ireland on our 10 year anniversary. (3.5 years away)
5. Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year. I love all the busy-ness, colours, music, church services and even shopping in a crowded mall.
6. I have thousands of photos on my computer and love to look back through all the memories contained within.
7. I really, really, really, really hate doing laundry. It is my mortal enemy!
I get to have the fun of picking 15 blogs too! These are blogs that I have recently started visiting a lot and have great ideas. I have many more blogs that I visit, but don’t fall under the “recently discovered” category. I am thinking I need to give them some bloggy love sometime soon! Most of my picks have craft or learning ideas for toddlers and schoolaged children because well, that’s my thing these days!
1. Living Life Intentionally – I was invited to join a linky party here a few weeks ago and have fallen in love with all the fun traditional Christmas ideas for kiddos. And her weekly link up party is fantastic!
2. I Heart Crafty Things – Another blog that i recently started linking up with for a “Mingle”. I love the crafts and I love that the linky party is very inclusive.
3. Improvising Fatherhood – I recently stumbled across this blog and it’s just so funny. I love the writing style of this Daddy Blogger.
4. Izzie, Mac and Me – I love all the child focused ideas and learning activities that this Mom has for her children.
5. Play At Home Mom – So much to say about this blog! A group of mom’s provide wonderful play opportunities for their children and great articles to help other moms set up a play focused environment for their children.
6. Crafty Moms Share – Another blog I have been linking some of the fun crafts we do around here. Lot’s of inspiration found here and a fun link up too!
7. The Only Thing Pink in a World Gone Blue – Even though I don’t homeschool my bigger kids, I really enjoy pulling ideas to help with homework and extra learning at home from this site. She has some nice tot ideas too!
8. Ready Set Read – I adore all the fun reading activities and crafts that this mom thinks up to bring books to life. A lot of special stuff here!
9. Creatively Content – I love that this blog has an array of different topics. Many crafty, but some food, child related, etc. It is definitely a versatile blog!
10. Our Catholic Homeschool – Another homeschool blog that has some fun activites for kids and tots alike.
11. Kilts and Kimchee – I love this little blog. Her older son is right around Monkey Girl’s age and I love to see the activities she plans for him each week.
12. Leading Little Hearts to HIM – A great blog with lot’s of child focused ideas. I am so trying the nutty sensory bin featured in her most recent post!
13. When we’re at Home – I discovered this blog a while ago, but then lost the link and recently rediscovered it. I love the learning activities and general thoughts presented.
14. Raising Homemakers – A great blog about being a good mom and raising your girls (and children as a whole) up to be followers of Jesus. It is a grouping of many mom’s and I learn a lot here.
15. The Paper Blossom – I love all the wonderful designs that can be found on this blog – so very creative!
There you have it! Please go and take a peek at what they have to offer! Thanks again to Taming the Goblin for the award.